Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Stephanie, a regular eighteen year old

I'm Stephanie. I just graduated highschool and am starting college in the fall. I'm pretty excited. When I was nine years old I was losing a lot of weight and drinking gallons of water. I was down to 46 lbs. so my mom scheduled a pediatrician appointment, only to find out that I had diabetes. I was told to go straight to the hospital ( we got McDonald's one Last time on the way! Shhhh!). Spent a few days in the hospital then was on shots for the next four years of my life. When I was thirteen I got a clear Minimed blue. Now I have a blue one and a cgm. Makes life easier. I have a part time job at a health food store, I love to swim, my dogs are my babies and I'm always up to some fun. Diabetes doesn't hold me back from anything and it never should for anyone. I'm a normal... Well maybe Not so normal, lol 18 year old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment