Monday, July 9, 2012

A little about me

Hello all!


I'm Jaimie one of the teen diabetic girls that run this blog.


Stephanie and I become "friends" last Oct. I was on Facebook on one of the teen groups i help run. She was home sick from school that day. I e-mailed her on Facebook and asked if she would like to be my friend. (And for people that know me I am a SHY person all the way!) She e-mailed back and said sure so we gave each other out cell number and began to text. I don't think I have ever texted so much in my life till i meet her. But Hey I love her like a sister!


We have this thing now were I can call her big sister and i'm her little sister! I love it cause I have no sister's (only sister in law's) And she has no brother's or sister's so i'm her little sis!


We give advice about  alot of things. One of the thing that we talk about (not a lot) but we do is Boys. Of course what girl would not talk about boys. But we do always talk about diabetes. At one point we would text each other when we would check. And who ever send it would send back what they were. This want one for I don't know how long. Maybe till March or before i cant reamber.


Okay welll I will tell a little about me.


I'm Jaimie Rose Chaffin. I'm from Michigan. I'm 16 going to be 17 this week. I have 2 brothers and who have wife's..My brothers are Josh 22 and Aaron 19 their wife's are Cyndi 22 and Alicen 21. Cyndi and Josh are new Parents to my nephew Joshua Peyton Chaffin who was born 5 mouths and 1 week ago. Aaron and Alicen are due in January with their 1st baby. I also have a nephew named Graivin. His some what adopted into the family. But we love them all.


I live with a disease called Type One Diabetes. I was Diagnosis when I was 3 1/2. I was on shots for 6 years, than i got the insulin pump when I was 10. I live a life or try too just like any other teenager. I eat and drink just like everyone else does. I just have to watch what I eat and what I drink and make sure I count carbs before I eat. And no I did not get diabetes from eating to much sugar. I had chicken pox when I was 1. That don't know for sure if that what did it but they think that is what cause my body starts to attacked my Pancreas after I had Chicken Pox.


Well that's all about me.


Till next time!
Take Care! Jaimie Rose :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep writing - your off to a great start. I live that you have support and you want to share that support with others. My daughter was dxd when she was 9, her brother was dxd two years before that when he was 2. I pray they too will want to share their live and knowledge one day. Stick with it sugar - you know it doesn't ever get easier but you get better! Hugs from a stranger and a mom!

    ReplyDelete