Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Diaversary....14 years and going strong!!!

January 28 1999, that day changed my family's life forever! I was dx'ed with type one diabetes at the age of 3 1/2. And today I got to thinking that I grow up in the room/house that I lived in before I was dx'ed. Back than I did not have a care in the world beside loving my family and now I have to worry every min of every day what my BG is and how I feel and everything. 

Back than I was just a 3 1/2 year old but now I'm 17, and on the Insulin pump. I have not let diabetes in the way of my life!! I have lived every min of every day like nothing else! One of my fave things someone told me is "is not who you are, its just apart of you." Its true, I always say I will not let diabetes define me and I wont I never will!! Cause I'm a fighter!! I've been fighting for 14 years and I will keep fighting till there is a cure! 

14 years going strong and I am not about to give up now! No way No how will I give up now!! I'm a fighter and I'm strong and always will be!! 

Till next time 
~Jaimie~

No comments:

Post a Comment